Monday, November 2, 2009

Another Hospital Visit

So Halloween was supposed to be fun and why not… well that could have been the case if my fiancé didn’t have to go in the hospital again that exact day. Unfortunately her diabetes decided to act up on her while she was out and next thing you know I got a call from a paramedic officer saying she is going to be admitted to Baptist East. Great, so within this 1 year, I have almost conquered the big hospitals in the Memphis area because of her diabetes. St. Francis, Methodist Germantown, Downtown, Baptist Bartlett and now East. Let me tell you though, out of all those hospitals, Baptist East had the best facility. Anyhow, we weren’t in there for long this time around, which is awesome because I have about 3 tests this week and honestly sleeping on those hospital guest bed (well, chair I guess) is not the most comfortable feeling. During this visit, though, I was thinking about the oddest things I ever thought of. The only one that I can really tie to something literature related was the religion of the hospital. So, all these major hospitals in the area are under some sort of Christian branch. So for those that are Buddhist or Muslim or whatever other religions, I wondered where they go for delivering babies (since my fiancé is 4months into it). But again, we do live in the Bible belt; I guess this is really not much of a concern in this area. So for some odd reason, I was thinking about O’Connor, probably because of her Christian views and her grotesque writing we talked in class. Then again, I tied the grotesque to horror, and from there start thinking about recent horror movies I watched that was… grotesque. So great, Halloween, in the hospital, dark, random nurses coming at random times, thinking about O’Connor and horror stories. Thank you for a great horrorific Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment