Monday, November 2, 2009

Paranormal Activity

So the day before Halloween, my fiancé and I decided to go watch, the current number one movie, “Paranormal Activity”. There may be people that haven’t seen it and are planning to, so I will do my best not to spoil it. Basically the story is told in one location and 2 characters, boyfriend and girlfriend. The girlfriend experiences some weird stuff and the boyfriend is trying to solve the problem. The boyfriend does some stupid stuff to stimulate this unnatural thing and ends up not being able to do much about the situation. (It’s really hard to explain the movie without spoiling it). Anyhow, this may or may not be because of the analyzing practice of literature we do in class but, as I was driving back and that whole night, I started thinking, “Why did he do that at that moment”, “What did the author really wanted to say”, “Was it suppose to be scary or was there some other moral hidden to it”. But because of all this thinking, I replayed the movie in my head over and over and over, the movie that I thought was not really scary at all turned into a horror by the end of the night. So some literature, it’s best to not think too deeply. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment